Our client is one of West Africa’s leading cloud solutions providers. They offer technical and professional services to small, medium and large enterprises, NGOs, education institutions and government agencies. By leveraging the power of cloud technologies, they are able to dramatically improve efficiency and productivity, giving organizations the chance to focus on key business operations and improving their bottom line. They have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve their vision of being the best solutions provider for their customers. They are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities they serve.
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: Onikan, Lagos.
We are looking for a Product Designer for our client. She/he will lead the discovery, definition, and execution of digital initiatives within our Product team. In this role, the product designer will work side-by-side with product management, research, and engineering to drive discovery, define requirements, explore innovative and human-centric solutions, and deliver improvements to the acquisition funnel and member experience.
As a product designer, you’ll create a range of items and you might work on new products or improve existing ones, and use your understanding of technology methods to improve the design and usability of a product. The work involves Designing, modeling, prototyping, and testing.
● Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our partners and constituents.
● Assist your product manager in shaping requirements, as well as planning, prioritizing, and tracking your design work.
● Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
● Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
● Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
● Consume and assist in the development/contribute to a design system.
● Create wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs, and user flows.
● Work closely with the development team, product owners and client partners.
● Use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centric designs.
● Make presentations to senior management or clients to present design proposals
● Experience managing projects and schedules, in an Agile/Scrum environment, and working with tools like Jira and Confluence.
● Experience working with design tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
● You are actively involved in defining product strategy and thinking in terms of design systems. You have proven experience in distilling complicated problems into simple and elegant decisions.
● Your professional experience equates to a strong understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
● As a self-starter, you desire to work in a fast-paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
● You’re a fantastic team player, communicator, and facilitator. You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks.
● 3 – 5+ years of professional design experience.
● A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership.
● Proven ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to a larger team or company initiative.
● Experience with front-end programming is an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates with the right experience should send their CV to email@example.com. Let the subject of the mail be “Product Designer”.